Monday, April 03, 2006

Winged visitor at my home

I have always felt sorry for the sparrows, which have lost their habitat ever since our cities and towns got filled with RCC buildings. After we shifted to our new house, since there is a lot of free space all around, it is common to see many varieties of birds around our house. Today, when I returned home, I was told that a sparrow had entered the house! I found him sitting very quietly, as if it was just a stuffed model, on a CFL bulb. I am guessing it is a 'he' (and not 'she'), because he is perched on electrical equipement, which is a 'manly' object ;-) I heard that he tried to get out of the house, but could not find his way out. Since he did not ask for directions, there is no doubt it is a 'he'! He is still there, hopefully we will be able to send him off tomorrow morning. I am too scared to even switch on a ceiling fan today, what if he flies right to it? Meanwhile a lizard on the wall has checked him out from a distance. Luckily the lizard did not go too near or tease the bird too much, so they are both at peace now. Good night, dear bird!

Update (4Apr) The bird promptly flew out of my house this morning the moment we opened all doors and windows. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment