Thursday, April 27, 2006

A bit about my Delhi trip

I'm just logging a few things about my 1-day visit to Delhi this week. First of all, Bangalore airport. I have heard that the airport is asking airline companies not to introduce any more flights to Bangalore, because it cannot handle any more passengers. In this sense the airport truly represents Bangalore :-) When we got into the flight, there were enough mosquitoes to make an army of them. Just when all of us, especially the numerous westerners in the flight were wondering if we are going to survive the 2.5 hours journey among these mosquitoes, an air hostess brought and sprayed what smelt like a nice perfume. Only after a few minutes, when there were no more mosquitoes flying, did I realize that what she sprayed must have been baygon-spray-from-hell! Apparently, this spray also results in much nicer behavior of passengers towards the crew. Who would risk their life against such a spray ;-)

Delhi was nice. No, really. In my two very brief visits to Delhi, I have realized a few amazing things about the city. First, Delhi has glimpses of a revolutionary concept in vehicular movement, already popular in most other countries, called driving in lanes. Another phenomenon hardly heard of in Bangalore is that fly-over and metrorail construction actually coming to an end (I know that is hardest to believe). When Delhi'ites complain about traffic problems, it is mostly about traffic congestion. I am pretty sure they have not seen the type of jams we see in Bangalore, where all the city roads look like Kissan factory in peak hour. Except for weather, I wonder if anything is going for Bangalore anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment