Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Whats the color of your sox(cks)?

Ananth has written in his blog something about various colors of sox(cks) available in the US, and people paying thousands of dollars to see them. The whole thing seems to be related to this game called baseball. This is in fact my reply to his blog, so read his first!

Well, all I know is my white sox(cks) sometimes turn red when soiled, and remain red sox(cks) until they go to laundry, when they turn white again. If I yank(ee) them too much, they get torn and go out with trash! This sox-yanking costs me a few dollars, not even close to $1025 :-)

So isn't baseball the game where they hit full-toss balls out of the ground? I know what Ananth will now say - full-toss balls travelling at 90mph in the general direction of your nose! And is this the game where the whole (and ONLY) US competes for the world (or universe?) title?

1 comment:

  1. I don't disagree with you at all. But baseball is fun to watch in its own right. For us guys, brought up on a staple diet of cricket, it may be a bit "slow" paced as well, but once you understand the rules, it is an enjoyable game.

    I never thought I'd say this, but, I think I'll miss baseball once I go back.

    You'll have to live in New England to know how fanatical fans can be.. something akin to Indians and Cricket

    ReplyDelete