Sunday, October 30, 2005

Intruders at midnight

Last Saturday I went to sleep as usual at around 11:30PM, hoping to get a pleasant and long night's sleep. At around midnight, as I was falling into deep sleep, there was a loud thud followed by banging on my front door. Before I could figure out what was happening, three people had made a rather forceful entry to the house, loudly shouting my name. I was surprised because I don't have too many enemies, especially in Austin. Ultimately when I gathered my wits and my shirt, wore it reverse in a hurry and walked out of my room, I got a huge smile on my face. It was Manju, Sandhya and Anoop Iyer with a huge birthday cake. I came to know later that Murali had also been a part of this heinous plan.

Yes, last Sunday was my birthday. I don't really celebrate my birthday. If I am in Bangalore I take my friends out for lunch because they don't let me skip that :-) But that was not how things would go while I was in Manju's town.

So in the next 15 minutes I had cut the cake and had cake frosting smeared all over my face, but Manju tells me he skipped the more rigorous portions of birthday celebration, which I believe often include birthday bums culminating in slight dislocation of birthday boy's hip bone. So thanks Manju and co for celebrating my birthday and sparing my body in shape. Yes, a dinner is due from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment