Friday, November 18, 2005

Thanksgiving lunch

Today there was a unique event at office. I think it happens at all offices in the US during this time. It is the annual thanksgiving lunch, a free lunches provided by the employers. Needless to say, employees make maximum use of it.

Today our annual thanksgiving lunch was at 11:30AM. Unfortunately my breakfast wasnt't even be half digested by then. But as all loyal employees, I did not want to miss the lunch. After all, it was free! A few of us reached the cafeteria at around 11:25AM. In fact we just _tried to_ reach the cafeteria, but could not go anywhere near it. That is because, by then the queue for free lunch had grown so long, it appeared that the end of the queue was somewhere near Houston. All the people, including the ones who complain about the quality of food in cafeteria looked to be in the queue. My veggie lunch obviously excluded the traditional thanksgiving turkey, so it was like going to MTR and not eating dosas. (or buying rice-sambar in a Gujju restaurant;)) The live music and the cheerful atmosphere made the lunch enjoyable. While asking for veggie lunch today, I became nostalgic about my life at Salt Lake City 5 years back. I and my friend were the _only_ vegetarians in the *whole* office during then! But the lady who managed the cafeteria never forgot to get two special veggie meals for us. People gifted us wonderful home-made cakes and pies during these festivals. Hmm.... those were the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment