Saturday, November 05, 2005

Speaking of customer support...

While on this subject, I called Air India's toll-free number last week to get my return tickets confirmed. I was expecting to interact with a dumb automated phone system for 5 minutes, choosing various options before reaching a human to talk to. (You know how it is, "If you are calling about flight ticket confirmation, please dial the biggest prime number between 2317 and 5234"...) But surprise! Before I could even hear two rings, a human somewhere in a call centre in India had picked up the phone and asked me how he could help me. I was startled and astonished at first, but delighted at the same time. Either Air India has too good a customer support division or they hardly have any customers. Looking at how full their flights get, I think it is the former. Go AI!

No comments:

Post a Comment