Wednesday, November 30, 2005

FF 1.5

Mozilla Firefox 1.5 is out! I have been using this browser since, may be, a couple of centuries, when it started out as 'Phoenix' beta1. They changed the name to Firebird (still vaguely meant phoenix), because somebody had a copyright on the name 'Phoenix'. Later they found that Firebird was also taken, so they changed it to 'Mozilla Firefox'. Luckily it stopped there, otherwise we would have had to use a browser named Firedog or Firecat or Firerat, which would have been very un-cool.

I dutifully downloaded 1.5 version immediately and tested it out. It looks the same UI-wise, but the beast inside seems to be faster. But I am not moving just yet from my 1.06 version. I want all my favorite extensions to be available on 1.5 before I move. Also it would be nice to have an rpm compiled for FC3 ;-) I may have to wait another week for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment