Monday, September 19, 2005

Kannada movie!

My friend Manju told me that a Kannada movie, "Joke Falls" is coming to Austin next weekend. So I quickly checked the website of Austin Kannada Sangha to see if they have more information about this. But alas, looks like their website has been recently 'upgraded/redisigned', by which I mean we can't find any good information on it anymore. They are running a poll named "What do you think of the new AKS website?", with the following three options to choose from:
1) Think? I use it
2) I love it
3) I will send an email with suggestions

Yes, that's it. There is no option that says "Sucks". Looks like the third option covers that. Intelligent people.

BTW, I came across pictures of a couple of 'leading' stars of Kannada movies that made me wonder "How much money did they get JUST to wear a dress that is so awful"? and "What was the costume designer of the movie smoking when he/she came up with these designs?". See for yourself here and especially here. After all, Bangalore is home to too many fashion designers, so they could have gone to any one of them to get the dresses designed. Or may be they did!

1 comment:

  1. No wonder the Kannada film industry is in such a pitiful state. Except for a few people who seem to make wholesome entertainers, the industry has gone down a one-way vulgar street.. be it dialogues, songs or the general story itself.

    Origniality has taken a "trunkseat" (not even the backseat) and there are no signs of improvement either

    ReplyDelete