Monday, September 26, 2005

How to cheer up a bored mind!

There are dull weekends, but this one set the bar for me. I think a good weekend is not just about doing a lot of exciting things, it is a state of mind. (which means I don't know what the heck it is). I started reading a book by Dave Barry, the king of humourous writing himself; watched two movies on DVDs, but all things I did this weekend to cheer my mind up came to naught. Of course, "Riding in cars with boys" sounded far more interesting than it actually turned out to be. It was a good movie, but quite depressing.

One thing that many do when they are feeling this way is to eat chocolates. Chocolates are supposed to trigger feel-good chemicals in our brains, called endorphins. But I find that any fat-laden food will also help. Why is the nature so unfair to people who are concerned about putting on weight? Why does it have to be chocolates or fried foods that trigger these little bastard endorphins? Why couldn't it be broccoli or lettuce?

I realized that I have spent more than three months in Austin now. I am now thinking more about what I am gonna do after I go back to Bangalore, than what I am gonna do in the remaining months here. That shows I am now 'over the hill', so to say, with respect to my this onsite assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment