Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Six flags

The last weekend was quite eventful. We rented a Chevy classic, which makes enough sound to scare the driver whenever he presses down the gas too hard. We went to the Six Flags at Fiesta, a huge entertainment/theme park near San Antonio. I define these parks as places where we pay a hefty fees and in return they scare the shit out of us! I still get goosebumps when I remember the scary rides I 'enjoyed' in Las Vegas a few years ago. That is when I had decided that "If I want to get scared so much, I will rather drive on Bangalore's roads". So I skipped some of the scariest ones in Six Flags, like the "Superman Tower of Power". Call me a sissy if you want.

Six Flags houses one of the most famous rides in the world, a huge wooden roller-coaster called "Texas Giant". If you watch History channel regularly, you would have seen this! But it was closed for maintenance this weekend. One of the rides, I think it is called "Texas Tornado", is insanely scary. It uses a huge vertical swing to swing people hundreds of feet in a circular motion. In case there is a mishap when it is swinging at it's top speed, I think it will behave like a huge catapult, hurling people hundreds of feet away, possibly just out of Six Flags area. It could be good idea to build a hospital just at that place, they can save on ambulance costs. This is how a conversation there may go:
Doctor : "Nurse, any new patients today?"
Nurse : "Hmm... Let me see... (looks into the sky towards Six Flags with a binocular).. Yes, I can see one coming in"
A HUGE THUD... and the doctor is now busy.

The other thing about last weekend was the temperature was in low 100s (roughly 40C), so that was taking fun out of rides at Six Flags. If the women there looked hot, this was the reason behind it :-) But for the same reason men and everything else were hot too, so we had to be careful ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment