Thursday, August 25, 2005

Google 'talk'

I, as well as many of my friends are normally suckers for anything that Google dishes out. So when I heard about Google's latest IM client (www.google.com/talk), I jumped at it immediately. It is not a YM-beater at the moment, but knowing Google, I expect it to improve drastically in the coming days. However, one crib about Google remains - it sometimes leaves Linux desktop users high and dry. They did a great job with supporting standardised interface in Gmail and Blogger, but we are yet to see Picasa, Desktop search and Google Earth being ported to Linux. I am sure they can, if they really want to. But they are on good track with Google talk - it supports Jabber protocol, so our good old Gaim works just fine for text messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment