Thursday, July 30, 2009

Installing Java apps on Samsung Star

As I described in my previous comment, installing Java apps on my Samsung Star S5233A has been a pain so far. It is possible to install Java apps over WAP, but if you have downloaded an app to your PC there is no easy way to install it on the phone. After following spooky procedures described by various people on the web and still failing to install, I decided it was not worth it. Instead, I upload my Java apps to websites that let you download the same over WAP (example: www.davidpye.com). I upload .jar from my PC to the website and then point my phone's browser to the location the website specifies. Works like a charm.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Sripathi....
    I just tried it out and it works!!!
    Thanks a lot...

    Kaustubh Kadam
    sunsoliel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... thanks friend... finally thanks to you i'm installing my java games on my samsung star, 2 months after buying it...

    ReplyDelete