Thursday, September 25, 2008

This is not fair!

No, not fair at all. Absolutely not. Just when I was wondering why newly joined employees in my office behave so differently from the way I used to behave back then, I see this article which says there is a generation gap between junior and senior students in the same college, who differ by just 2 years in age. I wonder what these kids would think of me... may be same as what I think about ancient Egyptian civilization.

2 years? Is that all it takes to create generation gap? It is as if the Orkut generation is different from the Facebook generation, which itself is ancient compared to the Twitter generation. What about people who started off with Yahoo Groups? Listen to me people, a generation is around 30 years. Or at least 20. Not 2. Okay? Do you listen?

2 comments:

  1. Nah, you got it all wrong. You are too old for egyptians. Have you heard about the time life did not exist on earth. yep! that's the right time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, not so fast! Remember, there is a gap of one full generation between you and the people who graduated this year. The people from 1st year of Engineering think you are 3 generations older :D

    You age faster than you think ;-)

    ReplyDelete