Sunday, December 04, 2005

Going away from people I liked

One of the best things about Austin has been meeting good people, many of which are old friends. We get to know people only when we meet them outside work, which mostly does not happen while in India. I would have never known Suresh and Murali this well if I had not met them in Austin. And then I got to meet old friends from my hostel in Mysore. Gururaja has been in Austin for a few years and helped me with various things, including grocery shopping! Balaji, another from my hostel, joined us in the last one month. In a way I am happy that Balaji did not join us any sooner, because I am sure I would have gained a few pounds thanks to his culinary skills.

Of course, meeting Manju was one of the great benefits of coming to Austin. I got to relive all memories from undergrad days in Mysore. I also realized that after all these days, he has not changed in his core principles and behavior. He remains a true friend and it is good that real friendships don't go stale with time.

There are many such people because of whom I find it sad to leave Austin, in spite of the excitement of flying back home after 6 months. I can only take memories with me. Luckily memories don't consume any space in my carry-on luggage.

Speaking of luggage limits, UA has reduced carry-on luggage limits, putting in in great discomfort. I hope they take pity on me tomorrow at the airport. I am all set for the looooong flight back home, starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment