Tuesday, November 03, 2009

You know you have been using Linux for too long when...

You see a chameleon, you can instantly remember that it is the logo of SuSE Linux and can even remember that they call it "Geeko", but you just can't remember what the damn animal is called in real life.

It happened to me recently and I am surely not proud of this incidence. As I was driving down NH206 at 100kmph, I came within a second of converting a beautiful green chameleon who was crossing the road leisurely, into a thin layer of green goop stuck to the tarmac. As I swirled the car to avoid the little animal, the occupants of the car were startled. All I could blabber out immediately was "There was a ... suse ... what is it called ... geeko ... on the road" The expression on the face of my relative in the front seat, a farmer from a remote village of Shimoga district, was priceless.

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I couldn't stop laughing for quite some time. Good for you, your relative did not see it fit to admit you to a certain sanatorium :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I am making sure your reader count bounces for this post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is amazing a living Geeko :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you managed to make laugh. Sounds so authentic!

    ReplyDelete