Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Most liked feature in web browsers?

What is your most liked new feature in web browsers in the recent times? To me, it was tabbed browsing till some time ago. However, this is not a new feature. It was there when I first started using the earliest betas of Phoenix browser (2002?) and even before that, in Opera. In the recent times, the feature I have liked most is the ability to search in the address bar for URLs I entered in the past. I think this came with Firefox3.x series and is also referred to as "Awesome bar" by some. Currently, Google Chrome has extended this functionality to search using any text in your previously viewed web pages. Even better, I would say, but Chrome doesn't (yet) run on Linux. If you know an add-on to Firefox that can provide this functionality, do let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the 'Cooliris' add-on for firefox. Its just awesome.

    Not sure if it is available for Linux though.

    Regards, Hari

    ReplyDelete