Thursday, April 17, 2008

Human alcohol meter

A few days back, I was at the Kempegowda bus stand, a.k.a "Majestic", at around 11PM. I was dropping off someone for a late night bus. I started heading back and was at the first traffic signal, near Sangam, where a traffic policeman stopped my car by literally standing in my path. When he approached me I rolled down the glass of my car, wondering what this was about. He then put his head _into_ my car, so far inside that it seemed as if he was going to kiss the steering wheel. Well, I too like my car quite a bit, but not so much as to kiss it. While I was wondering whether this guy is drunk, he said "Your good name please, sir?" I quickly answered and he said "Okay okay. Just checking", took his head out and asked me to carry on. I was still surprised, but I carried on. Only after a couple of seconds did I realize why he did that: He was checking if I was drunk and he wanted to smell my breath to confirm. He was a human alcohol meter! I left pretty amused, but impressed. I ho
pe they take all drunk people out of roads and make roads safer for driving in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment