Thursday, June 08, 2006

About Presiden't speech

I got an opportunity to listen live to our president, Dr Abdul Kalam recently. In the past I have wondered why he is such a popular person. But after listening to him, I know why.

Though he cannot be counted among the greatest orators, he seemed to be able to connect with his audience extremely well. His down-to-earth nature and genuine interest in the topics he was talking about, unlike politicians (I know he is not one), were the reasons for people instantly liking him. He had brought his own powerpoint slides for his talk (his choice of colors for slides was gaudy, if I may humbly add). It was clear that he had spent time specifically preparing for this presentation. He answered a few questions from the audience so nicely and promised to answer any question we may post on his website. If our politicians want to find a role model, they don't need to look too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment